8/28/17

Godzilla 1985 CED (New World Video, 1986)

Even though you can't buy this exact version of this exact Godzilla film on DVD or Blu-Ray, you can find it in several formats that aren't supported anymore, like Betamax, VHS, Laserdisc, and CED, which is pretty ironic. 

Also interesting is this fact:  from researching the various databases online regarding the CED format, only three Toho kaiju films were even offered on CED in America, during the 1981-1986 time period that these discs were produced.  They are Godzilla - King of the Monsters, Rodan, and this disc!

Another fun fact is that the seller that sold me this disc also sold me a very clean copy of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK for $1.50...you can't beat that! 

5 comments:

Chris Sobieniak said...

Does the CED also include "Bambi Meets Godzilla"?

Sampoerna Quatrain said...

Hey, that's a great question...it DID play theatrically before the film. I want to say that the VHS release at the time included it, but it's been too long...and I don't have any equipment to play any of my CED's. I bet I can appeal to a knowledgeable collector somewhere who would know!

Chris Sobieniak said...

I had the VHS tape for a while, it did, oddly right after the usual copyright warning but before the "New World Video" logo showed up, so they treated it like their usual previews they had on their tapes at the time.

Sampoerna Quatrain said...

Yeah! That's funny, I remember renting that tape as a kid, and it was on there! I bet it's a safe assumption that it's on the CED too.

charles said...

If you want 120 films and a disc player (two players, one works) contact me charlesdmiles@aol.com. I live in NJ